March 11-12, 2017
February 4, 2017 -
Here is the Event Schedule for Friday March 10th. All activities are being held at the Berglund Center (also known as the Roanoke Civic Center).
- 5:00-10:00 - Selling of Admission Wristbands.
Admission wristbands are required for entry to all tournament sites on Saturday and Sunday (not Friday night).
Kids age 10 and under get in for free as do Shamrock players/coaches and college coaches.
Admission wristbands cost $10 per day or $15 for both days.
We strongly encourage you to purchase your admission wristbands on Friday evening as there will be limited staff selling wristbands at each tournament location on
Saturday and Sunday so long lines are possible. Paying cash is also strongly preferred as this will speed things up for all involved.
If needed, please consider sending a team representative on Friday evening to purchase wristbands for all of your spectators.
- 5:00-10:00 - Selling of Apparel & Tournament Programs.
Tournament t-shirts, tank tops, sweatshirts, and sweatpants will not be available at all tournament locations during the weekend
and we have limited quantities of various sizes and colors so we encourage you to purchase your tournament apparel on
Friday night to ensure that you get exactly what you want.
Printed tournament programs will NOT be sold this year as all needed info (pools and playoff brackets, information on teams, playing locations, etc.)
will be available for free download online the week before the tournament.
- 5:30-7:15 - Session 1 of the Shamrock Showcase. Check-In for accepted participants will be from 4:30-5:15 (click HERE to see list) when participants will receive their Showcase shirt and court assignment. Please go to the Showcase Page for more details and/or if you still want to register.
- 6:00-7:30 - We are hosting an Instructional Kids’ Clinic for boys and girls age 6-12. The clinic will be held in the Coliseum portion of the Berglund Center (Roanoke Civic Center) and we will have four courts available so we can separate kids by age and ability. The cost of the clinic is $25 and all participants receive a gift at the end of the clinic. To reserve your spot, please click HERE and fill in the brief online registration form so we know how many kids to expect. If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-ins will be accepted on Friday if there is still room but please register in advance if you can. Please check your son or daughter in from 5:00-5:45.
- 6:00-10:00 - Team Check-In. All teams must bring a completed Team Check-In Form on Friday evening so tournament staff has contact info and hotel info for each team. Click HERE to download the form. If you are unable to bring this form on Friday, please e-mail it to email@example.com This is the only form we need so no need to provide signed roster sheets or anything else.
- 7:15-7:25 - Door prize drawing #1. Put your name in the drawing on Friday evening for prizes including iTunes gift cards, other goodies, and the grand prize of a $100 VISA gift card! You must be present to win and all Session One Showcase participants are automatically entered for this door prize drawing.
- 7:45-9:30 - Session 2 of the Shamrock Recruiting Showcase. Check-in for accepted Session 2 participants will be from 6:45-7:30 when participants will receive their Showcase shirt and court assignment. Please go to the Showcase Page for more details and/or if you still want to register.
- 9:30-9:40 - Door prize drawing #2. Put your name in the drawing on Friday evening for prizes including iTunes gift cards, other goodies, and the grand prize of $100 VISA gift cards! You must be present to win and all Session Two Showcase participants are automatically entered for this door prize drawing.
- There is NOT a Coaches’ Meeting.
- College Coaches can check-in anytime after 4:00 on Friday or throughout the weekend at the Berglund Center (Roanoke Civic Center). A free printed Recruiting Guide will be provided to all pre-registered college coaches in attendance while supplies last. All pre-registered college coaches will also receive electronic versions of all recruiting materials before the tournament. College Coaches can pre-register HERE if they have not already done so.
- We are also once again offering everyone the opportunity to give back to the less fortunate this year. Tournament directors Tamalyn & Mark Tanis have had the privilege of taking several mission trips to Nicaragua with Because We Care Ministries. We are asking for NEW or USED SPORTS EQUIPMENT. Specifically, we are asking for volleyballs, soccer balls, and baseballs/softballs as well as bats and gloves. We are not accepting old uniforms this year as we have a large inventory of those from last year that we still need to deliver to Nicaragua. Missionary teams use the sports equipment to interact with the youth of Nicaragua while the needs of their village (such as food, clothing, & medicine) are temporarily met. You and your club could do a great and wondrous thing by donating any "worn out" sports equipment to this worthy cause. Please stop by the Tournament Desk at the Berglund Center (Roanoke Civic Center) anytime during the weekend to drop off your items.
NOTE: No coolers, food, or drinks (with the exception of bottled water and/or small snacks for athletes at some sites) will be allowed in any facilities – including the Berglund Center (Roanoke Civic Center). You may set-up and eat outside but food and drink are not allowed inside. No crock pots or plug-in appliances are allowed at any sites at any time. You may bring chairs into most sites if seating is not provided. Thanks in advance for adhering to these rules.
January 21, 2017 -
The 2017 Shamrock Festival is now full. See the list of teams and the waiting list on the 2017 Teams Page.
November 25, 2016 –
The initial list of teams for the 2017 Shamrock Tournament has been posted. The list will be updated weekly going forward.
November 21, 2016 –
Registration for the 2017 Showcase is now open. Please fill out the online form to submit your application.
You will not be accepted to the Showcase until your check is received.
Showcase is open to all 9-12 graders regardless of their team’s participation in Shamrock.
November 13, 2016 –
The housing request form for the 2017 Shamrock Festival is available on the Hotel Info page
November 1, 2016 –
Team registration opens on November 14th in AES. Showcase registration will open on November 21st on the Showcase Page.
September 1, 2016 -
The annual Shamrock Festival volleyball tournament will be held March 11-12, 2017 this coming season.
Registration will again be handled in AES and will open in November.
Every team is guaranteed at least 7 matches over tournament weekend.
Welcome to the official website of the annual Shamrock Festival volleyball tournament. Here you will find all of the information you need to ensure that
your team and its fans enjoy our tournament.
As always, the tournament will be held in the Roanoke Valley for teams in the 14, 16, and 18 & under age divisions with teams in the 13, 15, and 17 &
under age divisions all encouraged to play-up in the higher age groups. The 2015 Shamrock Festival saw 244 teams competing from VA, NC, PA, MD, DE, TN, SC,
& WV and included teams from 7 different USAV regions. Historically, Shamrock has attracted teams from as far north as NY & NJ and as far south as GA &
FL. In addition, we attract dozens of college coaches from all over the East Coast each year click HERE for a list of schools who recruited at Shamrock
in 2015. We also typically enjoy some very nice post-tournament coverage on prepvolleyball.com.
The Shamrock Festival is one of the largest nationally-sanctioned USAV tournament and one of the premier volleyball events for juniors on the
East Coast. Follow all of the tournament action on this website with live scoring updates every hour throughout the tournament. Registration typically opens around 12/1 and is handled through AES. Teams will be accepted based on the date of registration and receipt of payment.
You are strongly encouraged to register and mail your payment early as the tournament typically fills up in a matter of days.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us anytime.